Friday, July 23, 2010

wedding dress...

since the day i met you boy, you were more than just a friend
i knew you were wit her, but you said things weren't so good then
deep down inside i felt there was a chance for me
every time i made you laugh was like the biggest victory
i tried to find the right time to tell you how i felt
but i was afraid you saw me as a friend & nothing else
every second we spent together, i wouldn't trade for anything
but then you told me that you gave her an engagement ring
lately..
i've been thinkin' bout what we could've been
i could've been your baby
i shoulda told you how i felt back then
and now i'm crying all these tears inside
'cuz i can't stand to see you with her
i'll walk away from all this hope that we'll be together
but in my head i know
that could've been my wedding dress
oh that could've been my wedding dress
i remembered when i tried to date these other guys
but in the back of my mind, it was me & you; you & i
there was that moment when you looked into my eyes
and i saw that you knew what i felt & held inside
for a second i read that you felt the same
but then she called your cellphone & took it that moment away
wish i coulda said the words i needed to say
but i can't now.. 'cuz it's too late

No comments:

Post a Comment